PRIVATE LESSONS for Teens | Ages 12-18
*NEW* LESSON SHARES at KAPOW!
We offer affordable semi-private instruction in your choice of drawing or painting media- intro to advanced
We also work with the college-bound art student with specific portfolio requirements
HOW IT WORKS:
Each 'share' is 4 weeks total- meeting at the same time each week for 2 hours. BEGIN ANY WEEK YOU WANT! Book as many shares in a row as you wish. Students bring their own supplies and work in our shared classroom space, each working independently on their own chosen medium, splitting instructor attention over the course of the 2 hours. New students- in first lesson, instructor reviews past examples of your work (if any), identifies your strengths and goals, and comes up with a 'plan' for the remaining block(s). Returning students- continue your work with regular feedback, expertise, and guidance from the shared instructor. Instructor gives material supply lists and suggestions for homework to further your practice.
- Tuesdays 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturdays from 9:30 -11:30. (9:00 -11:00 if traveling offsite- ie. outdoors for 'plein air' or indoors for architectural studies.)
- Affordable way to get individualized instruction in your choice of painting or drawing media (watercolor, acrylic, oil, charcoal, graphite...)
- Group size is no larger than 6, no smaller than 2
- A fun, upbeat, low-stress, individualized small class setting
- Excellent structure for balancing work time with feedback time
- 2 hour lessons are excellent for settling in and making progress with your personal goals
- Register with a partner, family member, or friend- or just come independently! (Both teens and adults are welcome to Lesson Shares)
$120/person (8 hours total of instruction) (Saves $200 versus taking $40/hour one-on-one instruction)
Materials are not included, we supply you with a simple list of suggestions.
*Students must commit to future Lesson Shares by the last class of the current share they are in if they would like to keep their spot. Any missed classes can be made up on another day lesson share is offered -Tues or Sat. It must be the opposite day student is signed up for, so long as there is room in that class. Makeup must be done within 4 weeks of missed class or it will be forfeited.